Re: OSX doesn't accept identical source/target for strcpy() anymore - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: OSX doesn't accept identical source/target for strcpy() anymore
Date
List pgsql-hackers
> On 2013-10-28 21:14:48 -0400, Tom Lane wrote:
>> They're not all gone according to my testing; but there are far worse
>> problems:

> Spurious or real bugs? Inside PG or libc?

I saw a bunch of uninitialized-value complaints in initdb, apparently from
places in BootstrapXLog that write out uninitialized pad bytes.  I didn't
get far in testing the main regression tests because of the autovacuum
crash problem.

> 3. valgrind gets floating point computations for
> exp(larger_negative_double) wrong and returns the wrong error message:
> regression=# SELECT exp(-808.3::float8);
> ERROR:  value out of range: overflow

Ugh ...