Re: WIP: plpgsql source code obfuscation - Mailing list pgsql-patches

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: WIP: plpgsql source code obfuscation
Date
List pgsql-patches
> Bruce Momjian <bruce@momjian.us> wrote:
>> Added to TODO:
>> o Add ability to obfuscate function bodies

> For the record. I think this todo is bogus.

For the record, I think so too ;-).  The agreed-on TODO wording makes no
mention of what an acceptable implementation would look like, and that's
because there very possibly *is* no generally-acceptable implementation.
(Though if someone has a bright new idea, I'm sure we'd all listen.)
The point of the TODO entry is just to acknowledge that this is an issue
for some folk, and that a real solution would be welcomed.

            regards, tom lane