Re: sorting/grouping/(non-)unique indexes bug - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Alexey V. Borzov
Subject Re: sorting/grouping/(non-)unique indexes bug
Date
List pgsql-general
Hello Jean-Luc,

Friday, June 07, 2002, 8:26:55 PM, you wrote:

JLL> Unbelievable, but you may have a couple of record with null user_email.

JLL> Try:

JLL> select * from broken where user_email is null;
JLL> select * from reg_user where user_email is null;

Nope, there are none. Which is expected, 'cause user_email was
declared not null:

rdw=# select * from reg_user where user_email is null;
 user_id | user_email | user_passwd | user_active | user_allow_pauth | user_full_name | user_pseudonym | user_who
---------+------------+-------------+-------------+------------------+----------------+----------------+----------
(0 rows)

rdw=# select * from broken where user_email is null;
 user_email
------------
(0 rows)

And the locale is probably OK, too. I tried dumping the table in
question and passing it through sort/uniq. It worked OK, unlike GROUP BY in
Postgres.

JLL> Alexey Borzov wrote:
>>
>> Greetings!
>>
>> Before I present the following, I must say that 'simple' index
>> corruption is highly improbable; the server did not suffer hard
>> reboots.

[skip]

--
Yours, Alexey V. Borzov, webmaster of RDW.ru