Re: pg_standby replication problem - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Khangelani Gama
Subject Re: pg_standby replication problem
Date
List pgsql-general
Thank You, I will have a look.

-----Original Message-----
From: Adrian Klaver [mailto:adrian.klaver@aklaver.com]
Sent: Tuesday, June 10, 2014 3:45 PM
To: Khangelani Gama; pgsql-general@postgresql.org
Subject: Re: [GENERAL] pg_standby replication problem

On 06/09/2014 10:02 PM, Khangelani Gama wrote:
> [...]

My mistake, I should have been more specific.

What is in your recovery.conf file on the standby?

Is the standby something you really want to try to rescue at this point or
would it be feasible just to start over?

If you do decide to start over a little time spent on what you want to
happen would help out.

Options to look at:

1) Streaming replication. WAL files are streamed from master to standby.

2) Hot standby. The standby can process read only queries while in standby
mode.

3) Archiving. WAL files are archived in a location for possible use by
standby. Needs some mechanism to prune files or you could fill a disk again.

All 3 of the above can be combined if desired, which is where the thinking
time part comes in.

Places to start looking for information:

http://www.postgresql.org/docs/9.3/interactive/high-availability.html

https://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/Binary_Replication_Tutorial

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian.klaver@aklaver.com

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE
The contents of and attachments to this e-mail are intended for the addressee only, and may contain the confidential
information of Argility (Proprietary) Limited and/or its subsidiaries. Any review, use or dissemination thereof by
anyone
other than the intended addressee is prohibited.If you are not the intended addressee please notify the writer
immediately
and destroy the e-mail. Argility (Proprietary) Limited and its subsidiaries distance themselves from and accept no
liability
for unauthorised use of their e-mail facilities or e-mails sent other than strictly for business purposes.