BUG #18506: Memory Leak on wrong INNER JOINs - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From PG Bug reporting form
Subject BUG #18506: Memory Leak on wrong INNER JOINs
Date
List pgsql-bugs

Bug reference:      18506
Logged by:          D Goutis
Email address:      gts.dmtr@gmail.com
PostgreSQL version: 14.6
Operating system:   Ubuntu Linux 22.04

Greetings,

I do not know the severity of this bug. I stumbled up due to a typo ( `a`
instead of `ag`).
In a series of multiple INNER JOINS, I referenced wrongly another table and
the postgres docker container bloated a 64GB RAM.
The commented out line is the fix.
I could submit more details.

Regards,
Dimitris

```
CREATE OR REPLACE VIEW exampledb.vw_project_summary AS
  SELECT
    p.project_id
    , p.project_name
  , ag.unique_values AS implementing_agencies
FROM exampledb.mt_project p
INNER JOIN exampledb.vw_action_types_per_project a
ON (p.project_id = a.project_id)
INNER JOIN exampledb.vw_agencies_per_project ag
ON (p.project_id = a.project_id);
-- ON (p.project_id = ag.project_id);

```