Re: using Core Foundation locale functions - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From David E. Wheeler
Subject Re: using Core Foundation locale functions
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Nov 28, 2014, at 8:43 AM, Peter Eisentraut <peter_e@gmx.net> wrote:

> At the moment, this is probably just an experiment that shows where
> refactoring and better abstractions might be suitable if we want to
> support multiple locale libraries.  If we want to pursue ICU, I think
> this could be a useful third option.

Gotta say, I’m thrilled to see movement on this front, and especially pleased to see how consensus seems to be building
aroundan abstracted interface to keep options open. This platform-specific example really highlights the need for it (I
hadno idea that there was separate and more up-to-date collation support in Core Foundation than in the UNIX layer of
OSX).

Really looking forward to seeing where we end up.

Best,

David