Re: Multilple email being delivered - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Multilple email being delivered
Date
List pgsql-general
Kaarel <kaarel@future.ee> writes:
> The other thing is that quite many discussions are being held in two
> mail-lists simultainously. Therefore if have subscribed to both lists,
> you will get two e-mails.

You can avoid that by setting your subscriptions to receive only one
copy of cross-posted messages.  I think that the incantation is
    set ALL unique
but I advise reading the majordomo server's help message before trying.

Another thing people are commonly not aware of is that sometimes you do
see the same message twice.  This happens because someone sends to a
list that they are not subscribed to, gets back a notice saying the
message is being held for moderator approval, and then subscribes and
re-sends the same message.  A while later, when Marc gets around to
reading the moderator queue, he approves the original message.  There's
been some talk of trying to eliminate these duplicates automatically,
but no one's gotten annoyed enough to actually do anything about it.
If you see a familiar-looking message that's back-dated a day or two,
just ignore it.

            regards, tom lane