Re: Bugs in CREATE/DROP INDEX CONCURRENTLY - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Bugs in CREATE/DROP INDEX CONCURRENTLY
Date
List pgsql-hackers
> One minor thing I haven't noticed earlier: Perhaps we should also skip
> over invalid indexes in transformTableLikeClause's
> CREATE_TABLE_LIKE_INDEXES case?

I left that as-is intentionally: the fact that an index isn't valid
doesn't prevent us from cloning it.  A relevant data point is that
pg_dump doesn't care whether indexes are valid or not --- it'll dump
their definitions anyway.

I agree it's a judgment call, though.  Anybody want to argue for the
other position?