Re: How to use a trigger to write rows to a remote server - Mailing list pgsql-performance

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: How to use a trigger to write rows to a remote server
Date
List pgsql-performance
"Michael Dengler" <michael.dengler@gmail.com> writes:
> I am trying to find out how to use a trigger function on a table to copy any
> inserted row to a remote PG server.
> This is not replication, I'm not interested in a full blown trigger based
> replication solution.

To be blunt, you're nuts.  You *are* building a trigger based
replication system, and the fact that you think you can cut corners
just shows how little you know about the problems involved.

Use Slony, or some other solution that someone else has already gotten
the bugs out of.

            regards, tom lane