Re: Change Ownership Permission Checks - Mailing list pgsql-patches

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Change Ownership Permission Checks
Date
List pgsql-patches
> When writing this patch it occurred to me that we nuke our
> member-of-role cache for one-off lookups on occation.  I don't
> particularly like that, especially when we *know* it's a one-off lookup,

Yeah.  What I had been thinking about is that maybe it shouldn't be just
a one-element cache.  At the moment though we have no performance data
to justify complicating matters (heck, not even any to prove we need a
cache at all...)  It'd be smart to try to profile some realistic cases
before spending any time coding.

            regards, tom lane