Re: A script to make some bug report easier - Mailing list pgsql-patches

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: A script to make some bug report easier
Date
List pgsql-patches
Qingqing Zhou <zhouqq@cs.toronto.edu> writes:
> I wrote a small script to make PostgreSQL bug report easier. It prints the
> uname, pg_config and try to backtrace all core dumps in data directory.

Does that actually work?  On most of the platforms I use, gdb doesn't
get far with only a core file, you have to tell it which executable file
to reference.  Worse, many distros ship executables stripped, which
means gdb'ing is a pretty useless activity anyway.

A bigger problem is that we've largely stopped shipping shell scripts as
part of the distro, because they don't work on Windows.

            regards, tom lane