Re: What's special about 1916-10-01 02:25:20? Odd jump in internal timestamptz representation - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: What's special about 1916-10-01 02:25:20? Odd jump in internal timestamptz representation
Date
List pgsql-general
"Alistair Bayley" <alistair@abayley.org> writes:
>> Magnus, did you have a specific reason for choosing Europe/Dublin,
>> or was it just alphabetically first?  Europe/London looks at least
>> marginally closer to what one would think "GMT" means:

> Does it have to be a specific city? I'd rather it just chose GMT.

The fact that there is an entry for "GMT Daylight Time" means that
Windows' idea of this time zone is not pure GMT.  Or is the translation
table entry a complete work of fiction?

            regards, tom lane