Re: "make check" improvement for cygwin - Mailing list pgsql-patches

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: "make check" improvement for cygwin
Date
List pgsql-patches
"Andrew Dunstan" <andrew@dunslane.net> writes:
> The attached patch limits parallelism for "make check" on cygwin to 10 - me=
> aning that at least on my installation "make check" actually succeeds at la=
> st.

If we're going to do something like that, I'd rather see it exposed as a
more general "at most N connections" knob, where the user could choose
N.  There are plenty of other scenarios where such a restriction could
be useful --- for instance, "make check" runs up against
max-processes-per-user limits on a number of platforms.

I would also rather that the user be forced to supply that number, to
make certain he realizes that he's got a very low number-of-connections
resource limit.  Sweeping such problems under the rug is exactly what
"make check" should not do.

            regards, tom lane