Re: Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: pg_event_trigger_dropped_objects: Add name/args output columns - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: pg_event_trigger_dropped_objects: Add name/args output columns
Date
Re: Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: pg_event_trigger_dropped_objects: Add name/args output columns  (Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>)
List pgsql-hackers
> Alvaro Herrera wrote:
>> pg_event_trigger_dropped_objects: Add name/args output columns

> This is causing buildfarm member dunlin to fail:
> No other member so far has reported a problem here.  Not sure if that's
> the strangest bit, or the fact that dunlin is reporting anything in the
> first place.  I can reproduce the problem quite simply by creating an
> event trigger on sql_drop and then try to drop an object not supported
> by getObjectIdentityParts -- in this case it's a default ACL for tables
> in the schema being dropped.

But is there any reason to think the failure on dunlin has anything to do
with default ACLs?  I think you'd better work on understanding why there
is a platform dependency here, before you consider either removing the
regression test case or adding support for object types that it shouldn't
be hitting.