Re: Composite Type Argument Construction to a Function - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Composite Type Argument Construction to a Function
Date
List pgsql-general
<tsarevich@gmail.com> writes:
> My question is - HOW do I construct the argument to
> my_function(my_type) so that the function recognises that I am passing
> into it composite data?

Sorry, don't think you're going to have much joy on that in 7.3.

In 8.0 you could do it with a ROW() constructor, but there's no such
thing in 7.3.  IIRC the only way to pass a row value as a function
argument in 7.3 is to select the row from a table, viz

    select my_function(t.*) from some_table t;

            regards, tom lane