Re: a question about relkind of RelationData handed over to heap_update function - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: a question about relkind of RelationData handed over to heap_update function
Date
List pgsql-hackers
노홍찬 <fallsmal@cs.yonsei.ac.kr> writes:
> I found that the relkind fields of all RelationData which is handed over to
> heap_update are all the same as ��r��.

Well, yeah: heap_update is applied to heaps (ordinary tables).  Not indexes.
The indexes are generally updated in a separate operation afterwards.

> I want to distinguish normal relation (actual table) from primary index
> relation  (primary indexes of some tables).

Perhaps you should take about three steps back and explain what it is
you want to do, because heap_update is probably not the right place
to be doing it.