Re: Interval aggregate regression failure (expected seems - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Interval aggregate regression failure (expected seems
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Michael Paesold <mpaesold@gmx.at> writes:
> I have tested these combination of CFLAGS:
> -O2                                 OK
> -O2 -mcpu=i686 -march=i686          OK (good, RPMS are built with these)
> -O2 -mcpu=pentium4 -march=i686      OK
> -O2 -mcpu=pentium4 -march=pentium4  fails

> I am definatly not going to use -march=pentium4 in any production
> system. Should I open a bug report with RedHat (gcc vendor)?

Yeah, but they'll probably want a smaller test case than "Postgres fails
its regression tests" :-(

My guess is that the problem is misoptimization of the interval_div()
function (look in utils/adt/timestamp.c), and that you could probably
construct a nice small test case for them out of that function.