Re: Error-safe user functions - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Error-safe user functions
Date
List pgsql-hackers
> And here's another for contrib/seg
> I'm planning to commit these two in the next day or so.

I didn't look at the jsonpath one yet.  The seg patch passes
an eyeball check, with one minor nit: in seg_atof,

+    *result = float4in_internal(value, NULL, "real", value, escontext);

don't we want to use "seg" as the type_name?

Even more nitpicky, in

+seg_yyerror(SEG *result, struct Node *escontext, const char *message)
 {
+    if (SOFT_ERROR_OCCURRED(escontext))
+        return;

I'd be inclined to add some explanation, say

+seg_yyerror(SEG *result, struct Node *escontext, const char *message)
 {
+    /* if we already reported an error, don't overwrite it */