Re: Admin functions contrib - Mailing list pgsql-patches

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Admin functions contrib
Date
List pgsql-patches
>> Do people want the server file logging/rotating patch applied if it is
>> Unix-only?  Right now the patch is ifdef'ed so Win32 use of it is
>> disabled.

I'm slightly worried that we might be painting ourselves into a corner,
ie implementing functionality that will never work on Windows.

Personally, of course, I won't care if it never works on Windows.  But
I suspect there are some out there who do care ;-).  It might be better
to wait till we're sure there's a reasonable implementation path for
Windows.

            regards, tom lane