Re: buildfarm server suddenly not talking to old SSL stacks? - Mailing list pgsql-www

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: buildfarm server suddenly not talking to old SSL stacks?
Date
List pgsql-www
> On Tue, Jul 17, 2018 at 7:04 PM, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
>> Also, on prairiedog's host, this is what I get for the https case:
>>
>> $ perl -MLWP::Simple -MLWP::Protocol::https -e 'LWP::Simple::getprint("
>> https://buildfarm.postgresql.org/branches_of_interest.txt");'
>> 500 Can't connect to buildfarm.postgresql.org:443 <URL:https://buildfarm.
>> postgresql.org/branches_of_interest.txt>
>>
>> which isn't terribly informative but it doesn't look like an SSL
>> certificate failure.

> That one I believe more in since it could be because of SSL issues. What do
> you get with curl on that one?

Both machines show the same behavior with curl:

$ curl https://buildfarm.postgresql.org/branches_of_interest.txt
curl: (35) error:1407742E:SSL routines:SSL23_GET_SERVER_HELLO:tlsv1 alert protocol version
$ curl http://buildfarm.postgresql.org/branches_of_interest.txt
REL9_3_STABLE
REL9_4_STABLE
REL9_5_STABLE
REL9_6_STABLE
REL_10_STABLE
REL_11_STABLE
HEAD

Now, curl is the OS-supplied one and probably isn't sharing any userspace
infrastructure at all with prairiedog's Perl stack.  On the other hand,
dromedary is using Apple's perl installation so it's possible that it
shares root-certificate infrastructure with curl.

            regards, tom lane