Re: Assert failure when rechecking an exclusion constraint - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Assert failure when rechecking an exclusion constraint
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Noah Misch <noah@leadboat.com> writes:
> On Sat, Jun 04, 2011 at 05:49:31PM -0400, Tom Lane wrote:
>> So in short, I'm thinking move lines 1760-1772 (in HEAD) of index.c to
>> the end of index_build(), then insert a ResetReindexProcessing() call in
>> front of them; or maybe only do ResetReindexProcessing there if we
>> actually do call IndexCheckExclusion.

> Sounds reasonable.  Need to remove the index from pendingReindexedIndexes, not
> just call ResetReindexProcessing().

[ looks again... ]  Uh, right.  I was thinking that the pending list was
just "pending" and not "in progress" indexes.  I wonder if we should
rejigger things so that that's actually true, ie, remove an index's OID
from the pending list when we mark it as the current one?

> Also, wouldn't that specific construction
> make the catalog updates fail due to running in the table owner's security
> context?

AFAIR there's no security checks happening below this level.