Re: Plpgsql function with unknown number of args - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Relyea, Mike
Subject Re: Plpgsql function with unknown number of args
Date
Re: Plpgsql function with unknown number of args  (Tony Caduto <tony_caduto@amsoftwaredesign.com>)
List pgsql-general
Thanks for the input.  This looks very promising.  I have one further
question.  My SQL statement is going to pull data from more than one
table in a relatively complex query.  How do I cast the RETURNS portion
of the function?  Again, I can't find what I'm looking for in the docs.
I've included an actual sample SQL statement.  I will only be changing
the first portion of the WHERE clause.

SELECT "PrintSamples"."MachineID", "PrintSamples"."PrintCopyID",
"tblColors"."Color", "tblBlockAC"."AreaCoverage",
"ParameterValues"."ParameterValue" AS "Mottle_NMF"
FROM ("AnalysisModules"
INNER JOIN ("tblColors"
INNER JOIN ("Targets"
INNER JOIN (("tblTPNamesAndColors"
INNER JOIN "PrintSamples"
    ON "tblTPNamesAndColors"."TestPatternName" =
"PrintSamples"."TestPatternName")
INNER JOIN (("DigitalImages"
INNER JOIN "PrintSampleAnalyses"
    ON "DigitalImages"."ImageID" = "PrintSampleAnalyses"."ImageID")
INNER JOIN ("ParameterNames"
INNER JOIN ("Measurements"
INNER JOIN "ParameterValues"
    ON "Measurements"."MeasurementID" =
"ParameterValues"."MeasurementID")
    ON "ParameterNames"."ParameterID" =
"ParameterValues"."ParameterID")
    ON "PrintSampleAnalyses"."psaID" = "Measurements"."psaID")
    ON "PrintSamples"."PrintSampleID" =
"DigitalImages"."PrintSampleID")
    ON "Targets"."TargetID" = "Measurements"."TargetID")
    ON "tblColors"."ColorID" = "tblTPNamesAndColors"."ColorID")
    ON "AnalysisModules"."MetricID" = "Measurements"."MetricID")
INNER JOIN "tblBlockAC"
    ON "Targets"."TargetID" = "tblBlockAC"."TargetID"
WHERE (("PrintSamples"."MachineID" = '2167' OR
"PrintSamples"."MachineID" = '2168' OR "PrintSamples"."MachineID" =
'2169')
AND (("tblBlockAC"."AreaCoverage")=100 Or
("tblBlockAC"."AreaCoverage")=60 Or ("tblBlockAC"."AreaCoverage")=40)
AND (("AnalysisModules"."AnalysisModuleName")='NMF')
AND (("ParameterNames"."ParameterName")='NMF'))
ORDER BY "PrintSamples"."MachineID", "PrintSamples"."PrintCopyID",
"tblColors"."ColorID";