Re: Inconsistency with EXPLAIN ANALYZE CREATE MATERIALIZED VIEW - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Inconsistency with EXPLAIN ANALYZE CREATE MATERIALIZED VIEW
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Jeff Davis <pgsql@j-davis.com> writes:
> As you point out in the other email, it's not easy to make that all
> work with REFRESH ... CONCURRENTLY, but perhaps it could work with
> CREATE MATERIALIZED VIEW and REFRESH (without CONCURRENTLY).

I'm not really sure I see the point of this, if it doesn't "just work"
with all variants of C.M.V.  It's not like you can't easily EXPLAIN
the view's SELECT.

If REFRESH M. V. does something different than CREATE, there would
certainly be value in being able to EXPLAIN what that does --- but
that still isn't an argument for allowing EXPLAIN CREATE MATERIALIZED
VIEW.