Re: Schemas: status report, call for developers - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Schemas: status report, call for developers
Date
List pgsql-hackers
"Nigel J. Andrews" <nandrews@investsystems.co.uk> writes:
> I also got it wrong about when the temporary space is emptied. I had been
> thinking it was when the connection terminated. However, I see from the same
> old message that this happens when the first temporary item is created in a
> session. Therefore, my way would be invalid anyway; or would it?

It would work as long as the variant form of current_schemas() truly
reflects the effective search path --- because until you create a
temporary item, there is no temp schema in the effective path.

Still, the issue of hiding seems to be a good reason not to code
clients that way.