Re: Bug #958: plperl notice server log - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Bug #958: plperl notice server log
Date
List pgsql-bugs
pgsql-bugs@postgresql.org writes:
> The notice message raised by a plperl function is flushed into the server log file only when that client is
disconnectedand the client does not receive the message. On the other hand, the notice raised by a plpgsql function are
flushedinto the server log immediately.

Difficult to believe, since they both call elog() which does a write(2,...)
--- I see no way that perl could screw that up ...

            regards, tom lane