Help with Array - Mailing list pgsql-sql

From Jeremiah Elliott
Subject Help with Array
Date
List pgsql-sql
I have a java application that moves data from our erp platform
(progress) into a Postgres database. One of the fields in progress is
a character array. I haven't had any luck getting this field to
transfer. What I would like to do is something like:

preparedStatement.setArray(i,resultSet.getArray(i));

however this throws java.lang.UnsupportedOperationException
I have tried several other ways, with no luck.

preparedStatement.setObject(i,resultSet.getObject(i));
throws
java.sql.SQLException: ERROR: column "so_slspsn" is of type character
varying[] but expression is of type character varying

and

preparedStatement.setObject(i,resultSet.getObject(i),2003);
throws
org.postgresql.util.PSQLException: Unsupported Types value: 2,003

What am i doing wrong?