after psqlodbc upgrade - Which change solves the error: -2147217887 - Mailing list pgsql-general

From gzh
Subject after psqlodbc upgrade - Which change solves the error: -2147217887
Date
List pgsql-general
Hi,

I have had a ASP Website working for the 5 years and have had no problems
until at the weekend I replace my database server with a newer one.

Database server (old): Postgres 9.4 64bit
Database server (new): Postgres 12.6 64bit

The Website connect to PostgreSQL 9.4 64bit with psqlodbc_10_03_0000-x86(32bit).
Since the upgrade I have been getting the following error message.

Number: -2147217887

I found that the problem occurred in the third step:
Step 1. Starts a new transaction with the BeginTrans method.
Step 2. Creates an OraDynaset object from the specified SQL SELECT statement SQL-A.
Step 3. Creates an OraDynaset object from the specified SQL SELECT statement SQL-B.
Step 4. Ends the current transaction with the CommitTrans method.

I have changed a newer version of odbc driver with psqlodbc_11_00_0000-x86(32bit)
on my site and everything appears to be working fine now.

psqlODBC 11.00.0000 Release notes

Changes:

1.Remove obsolete maps pointed out.
  POWER -> pow, CONCAT -> textcat, LEFT -> ltrunc, RIGHT -> rtrunc
  Patch by Daniel Cory.
2.Remove connSettings option and/or pqopt option from the OutConnectionString parameter of SQLDriverConnect() when each option doesn't exist in InConnectionString parameter.
3.The parameters should be cast because parameters of concat() function are variadic "any".
4.Unbuffered-IO in Windows is incredibly slow. Instead call fflush() after fprintf().
5.Add an alias DX of *Database* keyword for connection strings to aviod the use of "database" keyword which has a special meaning in some apps or middlewares.
6.numeric items without precision are unlimited and there's no natural map between SQL Data types.
  Add an option *Numeric(without precision) as*.
7.Fix a bug that SQLSpecialColumns() returns oid/xmin incorrectly when a table does not exist.
  Patch by Quan Zongliang.

I want to know which change of the psqlODBC solves the error?

Regards,

--
gzh