Re: Relation does not exist problem - Mailing list pgsql-novice

From Oeschey, Lars (I/EK-142, extern)
Subject Re: Relation does not exist problem
Date
List pgsql-novice
> you dont have to grant the schema usage to the user and the
> group. if you
> grant it to the group, its granted to the groupmembers
> implicit. if you
> select the schema in pgadmin you should see something like
>
> -- Schema: "entry"
>
> -- DROP SCHEMA entry;
>
> CREATE SCHEMA entry
>   AUTHORIZATION postgres;
> GRANT ALL ON SCHEMA entry TO postgres;
> GRANT USAGE ON SCHEMA entry TO GROUP contact_user_group;

I found the problem. Starting with postgreSQL 8, the rights for users
have to be inherited from the group. So that a user inherits the rights
from the group where it is member, it has to have the flag INHERIT set
(standard when generating a user is NOINHERIT)

Lars