Re: strange failure in plpgsql_control tests (on fulmar, ICC 14.0.3) - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: strange failure in plpgsql_control tests (on fulmar, ICC 14.0.3)
Date
List pgsql-hackers
> On March 17, 2018 12:25:57 PM PDT, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
>> If we're not putting a test into the back branches, then we darn well
>> better be using the same code there as in HEAD, else we won't know that
>> it actually solves the problem.

> I was thinking of committing your version everywhere and then revising in master after a bf cycle.

Meh.  I don't really feel a need to change it at all, but if we do,
I think it should be "after a release cycle" not just a few days.
We need to see whether that regression test will expose any problems
on a wider variety of compilers than exist in the buildfarm.

Anyway, pushed for now --- Tomas, if you blocked fulmar, it should
be safe to unblock.