Re: Tsearch2 cache lookup problem - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Tsearch2 cache lookup problem
Date
List pgsql-general
> Matroska80 wrote:
>> Hi i have a problem using tsearch2 with postgresql. Executing:
>> SELECT to_tsquery('default','kj');
>> return a
>> cache lookup failed for function 141542.

> Try the following:
> SELECT oid,* FROM pg_proc WHERE proname='to_tsquery';
> That should show whether there is a function with that OID.

My recollection is that older versions of tsearch2 use a configuration
table that stores function OIDs.  If you dump and restore that table
verbatim then you'll get failures like this because the new installation
has different OIDs for those functions.  See the tsearch2 documentation
for workarounds, but I think you're supposed to install tsearch2 before
you restore the old dump.

            regards, tom lane