Re: Segfault on logical replication to partitioned table with foreign children - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Segfault on logical replication to partitioned table with foreign children
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Since we're getting pretty close to the next set of back-branch releases,
I went ahead and pushed a minimal fix along the lines suggested by Shi Yu.
(I realized that there's a second ExecFindPartition call in worker.c that
also needs a check.)  We still can at leisure think about refactoring
CheckSubscriptionRelkind to avoid unnecessary lookups.  I think that
is something we should do only in HEAD; it'll just be a marginal savings,
not worth the risks of API changes in stable branches.  The other loose
end is whether to worry about a regression test case.  I'm inclined not
to bother.  The only thing that isn't getting exercised is the actual
ereport, which probably isn't in great need of routine testing.