Re: [GENERAL] Can't Build 7.3.4 on OS X - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: [GENERAL] Can't Build 7.3.4 on OS X
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Marko Karppinen <karppinen@pobox.com> writes:
> While we're on a Mac-related note, I managed to compile PostgreSQL on
> Mac OS X 10.2 Jaguar with two-level namespace support.
> <http://developer.apple.com/documentation/ReleaseNotes/DeveloperTools/
> TwoLevelNamespaces.html> This is quite useful, so I hope you can look
> into incorporating the changes.

> http://www.markokarppinen.com/pg-two-level-namespace.diff

Three immediate questions:

1.  Doesn't this break backward compatibility with Darwin 1.0-1.2?   (If so, does anyone care anymore?)

2.  Why is the postgres executable added to LINK.shared?  Doesn't this   break building shlibs that are not intended to
belinked into the   backend (eg libpq)?

3.  What's with the WITHOUT_DARWIN_BUNDLE_LOADER hack for ecpg?