Re: BUG #16027: Invalid output of to_timestamp - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: BUG #16027: Invalid output of to_timestamp
Date
List pgsql-bugs
Jeffrey Sturm <Jeff.Sturm@HelloWorld.com> writes:
> The problem actually manifests within the JDBC driver:
> org.postgresql.util.PSQLException: Bad value for type timestamp/date/time: {1}
> If what you are saying is that -05:32:11 is a perfectly valid offset from UTC, then this is a JDBC driver issue
ratherthan pgsql, and if this is not the right bug list for JDBC reports I can take it there.

Well, it's a valid offset so far as Postgres is concerned.  Some poking
around suggests that relevant standards such as ISO 8601 only admit UTC
offsets specified to the nearest minute --- but tzdb has some entries
specified to seconds, so that's what we follow.

            regards, tom lane