Re: initdb fails on AIX - Mailing list pgsql-admin

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: initdb fails on AIX
Date
Re: initdb fails on AIX  ("Nicholson, Brad (Toronto, ON, CA)" <bnicholson@hp.com>)
List pgsql-admin
CS DBA <cs_dba@consistentstate.com> writes:
> On 08/10/2011 01:16 PM, Tom Lane wrote:
>> This means that initdb tried to execute "postgres -V" and didn't get any
>> output.  What happens when you try that directly?

> See below.  One oddity, if I compile without the --with-openssl flag
> (for the configure command) then it works fine.

> exec(): 0509-036 Cannot load program ./postgres because of the following
> errors:
>          0509-150   Dependent module libcrypto.a(libcrypto.so.0.9.7)
> could not be loaded.
>          0509-022 Cannot load module libcrypto.a(libcrypto.so.0.9.7).
>          0509-026 System error: A file or directory in the path name
> does not exist.

Well, yeah.  It looks like there is something pretty broken about your
openssl installation.  At the very least you need a LD_LIBRARY_PATH (or
local equivalent) pointing to wherever libcrypto.so is hiding ... but
a reasonable installation of openssl should have taken care of that for
you.  Possibly you could build postgres with an rpath (or local
equivalent) pointing to openssl's library directory.

            regards, tom lane