Re: 7.3.2: test select_having ... FAILED - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: 7.3.2: test select_having ... FAILED
Date
List pgsql-general
"Ed L." <pggeneral@bluepolka.net> writes:
> Then my locale would need to match the locale in which the expected
> test result was created in order to give the test result validity?

Yup.

> What was the locale in which the expected results were created?

C.  (If you do "make check" then the regression script will set up
a temp installation with the expected locale.)

> What was the point of your addition of ORDER BY clauses in rev 1.8?

At the time, the newly-added hash-aggregation code would be used for
these queries, causing them to produce results in an order that had
nothing to do with any locale's notion of sortedness.  I could actually
revert the 1.8 changes, I think, because it was an error for hashing
to be used on char(N) data, and as of now the planner doesn't do it
anymore.

            regards, tom lane