Re: [GENERAL] Configure Qt Creator to work with PostgreSQL to extensions development - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Arthur Zakirov
Subject Re: [GENERAL] Configure Qt Creator to work with PostgreSQL to extensions development
Date
List pgsql-general
On Sunday, 25 June 2017 17:34:11 MSK, Fabiana Zioti wrote:
> I'm creating an extension to PostgreSQL, with user-defined types and
> user-defined functions.
>
> Extensions can be written in C as well as C ++, correct?
> I am currently using ATOM to develop in Ubuntu. But I would like to work
> with Qt.
>
> PostgreSQL provides the tutorial for working with eclipse:
> https://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/Working_with_Eclipse#
>
> Is there any tutorial for Qt? Or are the setup steps similar to Eclipse?
>
> Thank you very much in advance.

I am using QtCreator currently. I tried Atom and Sublime Text. But QtCreator
is more convenient to me.

In short you need to do the following things:
1 - setup code style, use tabs instead of spaces, you can setup
autoindentation
2 - create QtCreator project for PostgreSQL and your extensions by the
following way:
  - select File > New File or Project > Import Project > Import Existing
Project, and choose PostgreSQL or extension folder
  - in next step choose all files
  - QtCreator will create 3 files: *.config, *.files, *.includes
  - if you created project for an extension you need to define path to
PostgreSQL include headers. Open *.includes file and write the path there.

With QtCreator you can quickly search necessary files or methods.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/r2b7vgt0wh5ibpm/qtcreator.png?dl=0

I didn't setup other options, because I make PostgreSQL and extensions from
command line. I debug them using dbg, but you can do it also from QtCreator.

--
Arthur Zakirov
Russian Postgres Company