Re: Listen / Notify - what to do when the queue is full - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Listen / Notify - what to do when the queue is full
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Joachim Wieland <joe@mcknight.de> writes:
> [ listen/notify patch ]

Applied after rather a lot of hacking.

Aside from the issues previously raised, I changed the NOTIFY syntax to
include a comma between channel name and payload.  The submitted syntax
with no comma looked odd to me, and it would have been a real nightmare
to extend if we ever decide we want to support expressions in NOTIFY.

I found a number of implementation problems having to do with wraparound
behavior and error recovery.  I think they're all fixed, but any
remaining bugs are probably my fault not yours.