BUG #17742: Postgres not generating the minidump after crash in Windows. - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From PG Bug reporting form
Subject BUG #17742: Postgres not generating the minidump after crash in Windows.
Date
List pgsql-bugs

Bug reference:      17742
Logged by:          Sujeet Chaurasia
Email address:      sujeet.chaurasia@lisec.com
PostgreSQL version: 13.9
Operating system:   Windows

I am trying to generate a minidump of the postgres.exe when it crashes. I
followed the postgres wiki, where it is stated that this function is already
included in the new version of postgres. Only the step is to create a
crashdumps folder and give it full permissions to it within the data
directory.

I am using postgres13, and the crash of my database is random, I can see the
log.

https://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/Getting_a_stack_trace_of_a_running_PostgreSQL_backend_on_Windows

I followed the below part of the article.
** Create a directory named crashdumps (all lowercase) in the PostgreSQL
data directory (as shown by SHOW data_directory; in psql)
** Give the PostgreSQL user (postgres by default) "full control" of it in
the security tab of the folder properties.
** Run the problem code. You don't need to restart Pg or change any
settings.

When a backend crashes, a Windows minidump should be created in the
crashdumps directory. however, we are not getting it. on Google search, I
haven't found if anyone has yet tried it.