Re: UTF8MatchText - Mailing list pgsql-patches

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: UTF8MatchText
Date
Re: UTF8MatchText  (db@zigo.dhs.org)
List pgsql-patches
> Tom Lane wrote:
>> On the strength of this analysis, shouldn't we drop the separate
>> UTF8 match function and just use SB_MatchText for UTF8?

> We still call NextChar() after "_", and I think we probably need to,
> don't we? If so we can't just marry the cases.

Doh, you're right ... but on third thought, what happens with a pattern
containing "%_"?  If % tries to advance bytewise then we'll be trying to
apply NextChar in the middle of a data character, and bad things ensue.

I think we need to go back to the scheme with SB_ and MB_ variants and
no special case for UTF8.

            regards, tom lane