Re: Commitfest overflow - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Commitfest overflow
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Tomas Vondra <tomas.vondra@enterprisedb.com> writes:
> But it's not clear to me whether you're arguing for CFM to assess this,
> or whether someone else should make this decision?

> IMHO asking the CFM to do this would be a tremendous burden - properly
> assessing 50+ patches is a lot of work, and probably requires a fairly
> experienced hacker ...

Yeah.  I can recall that once or twice, Andres went through and triaged
all the open patches, which was tremendously helpful and I'm sure took a
serious investment of time.  That way doesn't scale.  But maybe if we
split the work among half a dozen or so senior hackers, it'd be a
tolerable amount of work per-person?