Re: What about Perl autodie? - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Daniel Gustafsson
Subject Re: What about Perl autodie?
Date
List pgsql-hackers
> On 19 Feb 2024, at 01:54, Andrew Dunstan <andrew@dunslane.net> wrote:
> On 2024-02-14 We 11:52, Peter Eisentraut wrote:

>> A gentler way might be to start using some perlcritic policies like InputOutput::RequireCheckedOpen or the more
generalInputOutput::RequireCheckedSyscalls and add explicit error checking at the sites it points out.  And then if we
startusing autodie in the future, any inappropriate backpatching of calls lacking error checks would be caught.

> Yeah, that should work.

I didn't study the referenced rules but the concept seems sane, so definitely a
+1 on that.

--
Daniel Gustafsson