Re: New patch for Column-level privileges - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: New patch for Column-level privileges
Date
Re: New patch for Column-level privileges  (Stephen Frost <sfrost@snowman.net>)
List pgsql-hackers
KaiGai Kohei <kaigai@ak.jp.nec.com> writes:
> I reconsidered the previous walker implementation independent
> from other parser codes is more simple and better.

And slower, and equally subject to this bug, so I'm not convinced.

> Stephen, Tom, what is your opinion?

I'm thinking make_var is not the place to do this.  The places that are
supposed to be taking care of permissions are the ones that do this:
    /* Require read access --- see comments in setTargetTable() */    rte->requiredPerms |= ACL_SELECT;

It's possible that we've missed some --- in particular, right at the
moment I am not sure that whole-row Vars are handled properly.
And maybe we could refactor a little bit to save some code.
But those are basically the same places that ought to be adding
bits to the column bitmaps.