tablespaces not working - Mailing list pgsql-general

From debh
Subject tablespaces not working
Date
List pgsql-general
Hi,

I log into my database, then i do the following select statement, SELECT *
FROM pg_tables; this lists the
following:

schemaname tablename      tableowner  tablespace.

pg_catalog  | pg_authid     | postgres | pg_global
pg_catalog  | pg_database | postgres | pg_global
public         | jbm_tx         | jbossesb |
public         | jbm_role       | jbossesb |

where the the tables i created are the ones with jbm in it.  My question is
i created a tablespace and it looks like it is not being added to the table.
I do not insert my tables directly and wanted to know if there's a way to
automatically associate any table created within the database with a certain
tablespace.

i looked online and found the following command, but it still doesnt work.

SET default_tablespace = jbossuddidata;

i set this when i was creating my database.

echo create user jbossuddi with encrypted password "'"$1"';"
echo create database jbossuddi with owner postgres';'
echo create tablespace jbossuddidata owner jbossuddi location
"'/h/COTS/PostGreSQL/tablespaces/jbossuddi';"

SET default_tablespace = jbossuddidata;