Re: libpq API incompatibility between 7.4 and 8.0 - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: libpq API incompatibility between 7.4 and 8.0
Date
List pgsql-hackers
>> In short, fixing this the way Bruce wants to will be a nontrivial amount
>> of effort.

> psql actually calls get_progname().  Do we know that it will try to link
> in the other functions from path.c?  I am unsure.

I don't know of any commonly used linkers that link at granularity finer
than one source file, and in any case for shared libraries the library
is all-or-nothing.

Grep shows that 7.4 psql does reference is_absolute_path, and 7.4
pg_dumpall does reference last_path_separator, so at least three of the
four are at issue.