Re: Multiline plpython procedure - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Multiline plpython procedure
Date
Re: Multiline plpython procedure  (Marco Colombo <pgsql@esiway.net>)
List pgsql-general
Michael Fuhr <mike@fuhr.org> writes:
> http://docs.python.org/ref/physical.html

> "A physical line ends in whatever the current platform's convention
> is for terminating lines.  On Unix, this is the ASCII LF (linefeed)
> character.  On Windows, it is the ASCII sequence CR LF (return
> followed by linefeed).  On Macintosh, it is the ASCII CR (return)
> character."

Seems like Guido has missed a bet here: namely the case of a script
generated on one platform and fed to an interpreter running on another.
If I were designing it, I would say that any Python interpreter should
take all three variants no matter which platform the interpreter itself
is sitting on.  Or is cross-platform support not a Python goal?

In short, any bug report on this ought to go to the Python project.

            regards, tom lane