Re: Permissions pg_dump / import - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Permissions pg_dump / import
Date
List pgsql-general
Patrick B <patrickbakerbr@gmail.com> writes:
> I'm doing a pg_dump and a pg_restore on the same command, using different
> usernames and databases names.:
> But I'm getting some permissions errors:
> could not execute query: ERROR:  role "devel" does not exist

If that's from

> REVOKE ALL ON SCHEMA public FROM devel;

it's not a permissions error, it's complaining there's no such role
to grant/revoke from in the destination DB.  You may want to use
--no-privileges along with --no-owner if the destination doesn't
have the same set of users as the source.  Or just ignore these errors.

            regards, tom lane