Re: Perfomance decreasing - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Perfomance decreasing
Date
List pgsql-general
>> For  the first 1-2 days of running perfomance is excellent. But
>> after  that,  speed  began  to  decrease.  And  after a week of
>> operation, perfomance  falls  8-10  times, than at first day of
>> using.
>>
>> I'm  doing  vacuum  periodically  (once a hour), but perfomance
>> still falls down.

It sounds to me like you may be running into index growth problems.
VACUUM is presently not good about shrinking indexes.  If you drop
and recreate the indexes used by your most important queries, does
the performance go back to where it was?

>> Why this situation occures? May be I must use "VACUUM ANALYSE"
>> instead of VACUUM?

Occasional VACUUM ANALYZEs are a good idea.

            regards, tom lane