Re: How to share the result data of separated plan - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: How to share the result data of separated plan
Date
Re: How to share the result data of separated plan
Re: How to share the result data of separated plan
List pgsql-hackers
Marko Tiikkaja <marko.tiikkaja@cs.helsinki.fi> writes:
> On 2010-11-07 6:23 PM +0200, Tom Lane wrote:
>> Um ... why?  I thought the whole point of breaking out ModifyTable
>> as a separate node type was so that a query involving writeable CTEs
>> would still be just one plan tree.

> We tried that for 9.0 and it didn't work.  Almost all work for 9.1 has
> been spent on creating an infrastructure for running the executor
> separately for every WITH list element when wCTEs are present.

I guess I shoulda been paying closer attention :-(.  That really, really
seems like fundamentally the wrong direction.  What was it that was
unfixable about the other way?  If it is unfixable, should we revert
ModifyTable?