Re: pgsql: Adjust configure to insist on Perl version >= 5.8.3. - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: pgsql: Adjust configure to insist on Perl version >= 5.8.3.
Date
List pgsql-hackers
> Maybe we can mention `corelist -a` as a way to find out the module
> versions shipped with each Perl version.

Hm, I don't see that on my RHEL box.

It does exist on my Mac, but the output is very unhelpful:

$ which corelist
/usr/bin/corelist
$ corelist -a
    The contents of this script should normally never run! The perl wrapper
    should pick the correct script in /usr/bin by appending the appropriate
    version. You can try appending the appropriate perl version number. See
    perlmacosx.pod for more information about multiple version support in
    Mac OS X.

That hint leads me to notice

$ ls /usr/bin/corelist*
/usr/bin/corelist*      /usr/bin/corelist5.18*  /usr/bin/corelist5.30*

but all three of those print the same thing.

So this isn't looking promising :-(