Re: pgsql: Adjust configure to insist on Perl version >= 5.8.3. - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Alvaro Herrera
Subject Re: pgsql: Adjust configure to insist on Perl version >= 5.8.3.
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On 2021-Oct-07, Daniel Gustafsson wrote:

> Agreed, that's a lot more helpful.  Since the set of core Perl modules change
> over time as modules are brought in (at least that's my understanding of it),
> that last paragraph might want to discourage use of modules that aren't
> expected to be in-core in commonly used systems?  It might be overthinking it
> though.

Maybe we can mention `corelist -a` as a way to find out the module
versions shipped with each Perl version.

"The Gord often wonders why people threaten never to come back after they've
been told never to return" (www.actsofgord.com)